Thursday, March 24, 2011

Celexa Diet

I stepped on the scale this morning. 142 lbs. Wow. I’ve lost 15 pounds in a month--the result of one of Celexa’s many unpleasant side effects, decreased appetite. That’s a lot of weight for me.

It’s strange. When I look in the mirror, I like what I see. I look....better. Younger. And I’ve definitely been getting checked out more recently. But inside, I feel like shit. Struggling through nasty side effects, MOST of which SHOULD eventually subside. The ones I've been blessed with: complete loss of appetite, nausea, increased anxiety, NO sex drive (that returned last week, THANK GOD), dry mouth, and insomnia. And I'm still waiting for the therapeutic effect to “kick”.

It’s like there’s some cruel inverse relationship between how I look and feel.

In the last couple days, my appetite has returned, thankfully. But I'm wondering: can I keep my weight loss? If I keep my yoga addiction and sharp curbing of alcoholic intake going, it may just be possible. A 142 lb, non anxious Seth. Unstoppable.

No comments:

Post a Comment